Sunday, March 16, 2008

Favorite Verses from Isaiah 46-52

Later this morning I will be preaching at Christchurch. My sermon text is Isaiah 46-52. Here are a few of my favorite verses in this long passage.

Speaking of Jesus and his body, the church, God says through the prophet Isaiah that "It is too small a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to bring back the preserved of Israel; I will make you as a light for the nations, that my salvation my reach to the end of the earth." (Isaiah 49:6 ESV)

Speaking comfort to his sometimes doubting people through the prophet Isaiah, the LORD says: "Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands." (Isaiah 49:16 ESV)

"Listen to me, you who know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear not the reproach of man, nor be dismayed at their revilings. For the moth will eat them up like wool; but my righteousness will be forever, and my salvation to all generations." (Isaiah 51:7-8 ESV)

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news..." (Isaiah 52:7 ESV)

"The LORD has bared his holy arm before the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God." (Isaiah 52:10 ESV)

"...for the LORD will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard." (Isaiah 52:12 ESV)

Have a great Lord's Day!

No comments: