Monday, August 27, 2007

Teaching New Testament Greek

Today I spent the afternoon preparing to teach New Testament Greek. Tomorrow at 8:00am at Rivendell College in Boulder, I get the honor of introducing a small group of students to the joys of reading the New Testament in Greek. To quote Luther: "Without languages we could not have received the gospel. Languages are the scabbard that contains the sword of the Spirit...if we neglect the literature, we shall eventually lose the gospel."

Thanks especially to Dr. Bill Mounce who has prepared so many excellent teaching resources!

Hey friends out there in the blogosphere! It's not too late for you to learn New Testament Greek. Seriously, if you would like to learn, let me know!

3 comments:

John said...

Wow, Scott. I'm not sure how I'd fit it in my schedule, but I'd love to learn biblical Greek one day.

obsessiveskier said...

I found out this evening that I even get paid to do this! How cool is that!?!

Steven Fisk said...

Hi Scott, what did you have in mind? Being a landscaper header into winter, is it possible to audit the class??? and nice logo's. they appear as much byzantine as middle aged to me. steve f.