Saturday, August 11, 2007

He Shoots! He Scores!

This photograph from last night shows my friend Randy Brandt taking the puck to the net, weaving in and out of a plethora of defenders, getting hooked and still scoring the winning goal just before the 3rd period buzzer sounded. Sort of...

I was finally able to visit one of Randy's hockey games last night, but I didn't have a camera. I don't know who the guy in yellow is, but that's what Randy looked like last night. One of my many Canadian friends, Randy is the best hockey player that I know. He really did score an impressive goal, single-handedly taking the puck straight through a crowd of defenders. And he really did get hooked so bad that the other guy got a 2 minute stint in the penalty box. And the 3rd period buzzer really did sound. But that didn't all happen at exactly the same time.

Randy broke a stick and the team won by 5 or 6 goals. They were impressive. But Randy tells me that his Sunday night league where he captains is the better league. I want to see that team play sometime.

3 comments:

hockeyboy5 said...

Very clever, Scott! Thanks for providing a little extra incentive last night.

Keithbeats said...

have i told you about my hockey experience with randy. a dirty, dirty player. i played with him some months ago and vowed never to step on the ice with him again. okay, that's not true. i enjoyed playing against him. i had to pay the canadian government a lot of money in income taxes. that's why i couldn't play with him this summer

hockeyboy5 said...

Keith vowed never to step on the ice against me because he wasn't scoring goals when I was on defense! He did get a hat trick the night we played each other, but only one when I was out there, and he was on the other side of the ice.

Scott, Keith's probably the best hockey player you know--I'll settle for best defenseman.