Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Christchurch Next Exit

Christchurch. The simple name of our new church. I remember driving to the botanical gardens in Christchurch, New Zealand way back in 1988. The city was alive and welcoming, like this little new church is for newcomers. But it took some effort to get there, and it will take the Spirit-empowered efforts of many people for this church to grow out of its infancy. I like the name Christchurch because it reminds me of a great place. And it simply reminds us all of Who this church is to be about.

(I also like it because my middle name is Christopher. So if people start calling me Scott "Christchurch" Kelly, I won't need to change the monograms on my towels.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have forgotten to tell you that I really like the name. For what it's worth.