Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What God has been doing lately...

My faith has been strengtened this week by what God has been doing.
  • He has led three new engaged couples to me and Megan for pre-marital counseling. Each couple is a blast to be around. Meg and I are really enjoying this ministry together.
  • He brought together a new group at Cornerstone for people with addictions. This is new territory for me as a pastor and I love it.
  • He has led a few of our groups at church to reproduce and form new groups. Could this be the beginning of a rapid reproduction of believers, groups and churches?
  • He has been giving me some of the most significant one-on-one discipleship meetings I've ever had. I continue to be amazed at the power of God's transforming grace.
  • He is leading me and our staff to launch a new DivorceCare ministry. Again, new territory for me and I am praying that God will use this to effect a lot of reconciliation.
  • He is giving me an opportunity to teach New Testament Greek this fall at Rivendell College in Boulder.
  • He brought together a multi-racial group of pastors and their wives from the Denver-Boulder area for a wonderful dinner and prayer meeting last night. Thanks again to Bob Ryan and the Mile High Baptist Association.
  • He made it snow here again today! I love snow.
Not every week is like this. Sometimes ministry feels like you're rolling a huge stone up a long hill. Lately it's been more like chasing that rolling stone down the hill. Thank you, Father!

No comments: