Friday, February 16, 2007

I do not want to die like that!

I may be an obsessive skier, but I do have my limits. I DO NOT want to die in an avalanche. According to The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook, "if you are completely buried, chances are you will be too injured to help yourself." Check out this article on the 1987 Peak 7 avalanche at Breckenridge from the Summit Daily News. I skied over 60 days during the winter of 1987 and I remember this like it was yesterday. It's a windy, snowy day today. High avy danger.

1 comment:

Kent said...

I am painfully claustrophobic - more so than fearing death by freezing or suffocation.

So, while contemplating death under the snow is scary, thinking about being trapped in some heinous position gives me the shakes, the shivers and the willies all at once.

Yikes.