Tuesday, September 8, 2009

...Forever a Cardinals Baseball Fan.

I remember visiting the Old Busch Stadium with my Dad in the mid-70's and watching Al Hrabosky (AKA "The Mad Hungarian") pitch for the Cardinals. But that's not the only reason that I'm still a St. Louis Cardinals fan. Stories like this one involving Albert Pujols are also a big part of why I'll be a fan of the red birds forever.

"He lay on his back in the dirt of the Pittsburgh ballpark. His neck hurt. Striking his face on the crushed rock along the first-base side felt like breaking through glass. He was bloodied. And the foul ball was gone. He had missed it, missed his one chance to grab a game ball for his son on the boy's 21st birthday."

Read the rest of the story here.

Thanks, Tim Challies, for pointing me to this article.

No comments: