Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Wonder If I'll Ever Ski in New Zealand...

It was hot today. The heat got me thinking about how much better I like winter around here than summer. If it's going to be hot, I need to be around a good lake, and there's just not much water out here. July and August are great months for high alpine hiking in Colorado, but they stink for just about everything else. Too hot and too dry. You know, there are people in New Zealand who are snow skiing today. I wonder if I'll ever ski in New Zealand?

3 comments:

Keithbeats said...

if you ever head there for a vacation let us, we could plan a trip together wink, wink.

Becky said...

I just *JUST* now booked my ticket. If you've spoken to Megan about it, you'll know that we are still 100% up in the air.

But that doesn't have to stop you from skiing in NZ.

obsessiveskier said...

As I think about my options for snow skiing in the summer, I think New Zealand is the best option for many reasons. First of all, you sometimes get to fly through Hawaii on your way to Auckland, and that's a nice layover. Second, there are many more ski areas in New Zealand than there are in South America, which has like 2 I think. Third, you get to speak English in New Zealand, which is a nice perk for me. Fourth, there are lots of pubs there that have decent fish and chips. Fifth, most all of the ski areas have these really cool Maori names. Sixth, and finally, there is a slim chance that some of my friends might move to New Zealand, and that gives me plenty of reason to daydream about fulfilling my dream of snow skiing there sometime before I die.